This is national certificate in Supply Chain Management that gives the learner a complete end to end view of how the supply chain operates
|Course Aimed At||Unit Standards||Description||Credits||NQF||Duration|
|Refer to below - What is a learnership?||74149||National Certificate: Supply Chain Management||150||5||12 months. Part-time|
What is a learnership?
A learnership is an education and training program to bridge the gap between structured learning and work experience in order to obtain a registered qualification. It combines
theory and workplace practice into a qualification that is registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF)
Benefits of a learnership to the employer
- Learnership are designed for the industry by the industry, this means the learners have industry knowledge
- The employer is able to develop the learner into the company needs
- Able to multi skill a learner in various departments within the company
- Development of persons adding to your Social Responsibility scope
- Improve productivity and efficiency at a lower cost
- Assist in meeting the employment equity targets
Benefits of a learnership to the learners
- Obtaining a NQF qualification while gaining workplace experience
- Create job opportunities
- Learnership fast track the development of current employees
- Industry practical knowledge gained
Your company will receive a tax rebate, cash discretionary grants and grants to supply to tools & equipment for the learner
This short yet in-depth course shows the learner how the company’s corporate strategy is reflected in supply chain decisions. The learner will know how to strategically manage the supply chain and build a productive team analyzing key areas and when to make changes to the business.
September 14 & 15, 2016
Venue TBC on booking
A view of traditional sourcing compared to strategic sourcing and when and how to choose the right method when sourcing goods and/or services. Enhance a culture towards cross functional teams that support the strategy of the company.
This course focuses on the inventory management practices. The order levels required to optimise productivity and the role inventory management plays within the organisation
This short course will have the learner understand how to process customer orders, the distribution network and analyse the Logistics system. Understanding domestic and international trade, types of orders and methods of distribution as well as methods of ordering to create a strategic logistics plan
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT – SAQA ID – 74149 NQF 5
What is this course about?
This short course will have the learner understand how to process This 12 month part time course will cover all aspects of the supply chain arena. The learner will obtain knowledge about the supply chain processes and be able to manage this process efficiently and effectively and analyze the logistics system. Understanding domestic and international trade, types of orders and methods of distribution.
Grade 12 or equivalent with:
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF level 4
- Communication at NQF level 4
- Computer Literacy & the ability to use database spreadsheets at NQF level 3
The course learning material shall be provided and aligned to South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) qualification 74149 – National Certificate in Supply Chain Management.
This qualification will cover the end to end of the supply chain. Some of the topics covered are listed below:
- Introduction to Supply Chain Management & International Trade
- Corporate and Strategic Supply Chain Strategies
- Values and Ethics within the Supply Chain
- How to manage Inventory and the role inventory places in the organization
- The impact with Information Technology has on the Supply Chain
- Various modes of Transportation and the management of theses transportation systems
- How to efficiently and effective conduct purchases and supplier negotiation
- Effective management of the logistics operations
- Relationship building with Strategic partners